Thursday, August 31, 2006
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Jackets that stand out really pull an outfit togetherand are versatile.
I think these will brighten up any outfit.LAMB Leopard Print Hoodie. $165
This is obviously a "Yeah Right", but it is so cute. It is so much more original than the UCLA sweatshirt from your mom. J. Crew Leopard Print Sweater. $88
Remember: Keep it Cheetah-licious!
Friday, August 25, 2006
Wet Seal Barrette. $4
Thursday, August 24, 2006
American Eagle Jeans. $59.50
These are trendy without being throwaways after the season. The super dark wash is crisp and modern. I don't need to tell any of you that jeans are the foundation of a good wardrobe and that they go with ANYTHING, right?
Delia's Peacoat. $88.50
I'm not going to pretend that I know alot about coats. I don't. What I do know is that this one is cute, looks warm and goes with everything. Good enough for me!
Mini Skirt:American Eagle Denim Mini: $39.50
Wear with tights. I like the dark wash and the straight, untattered cut. An un-abused denim mini!
Delia's Turtleneck. $22.50
This season, a turtle neck is the go-to layering item. This one is light weight and short sleeved, good for us California girls wanting to take part in the layering fun that the west coasters enjoy.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
This is enough layers for the fall where I live, but probably not the rest of the US. Add a plaid/tweed jacket for extra warmth.
Friday, August 18, 2006
I could not get a picture from the variety of under $30 wrap dresses at Fovere 21, but I urge you to peruse this cheap-wrap-dress treasure chest. http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=Dresses&product%5Fid=2032257879&Page=1
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Yeah Right: This is a Free People hoody for $88. Leopard print is great for fall. There is something about Free People. The finish of the hoody is delectable...
This is a sweatshirt from Klovis (?) that is sold at Buckle.com for $38. I like the distressed look. It makes it stand out.This is another from Buckle.com for $36. The print is delicate and the color is a nice neutral.
Making clothes is hard.
I now have a greater reverence for the Project Runway contestants who make really complicated garments without patterns.
I made a plaid jumper. I figured it was simple enough to make and that it probably wouldn't be sold in stores at my price range. I am really happy with the results. At some point if I figure out how to upload a picture from a camera, I will put it in.
Marc by Marc Jacobs Necklace Watches. $125 at Nordstrom.
Old Navy Skinny Jeans. On sale for $25.
Hey, turtlenecks save money: you don't have to wear a scarf!
Must Haves for Fall
When I was rotting away at summer camp, and my only window to the world was my handy dandy Teen Vogue, I took inspiration from its trendy pages and came up with my must-have list for fall.
- Cute Hoodie - this isn't really a trend or anything, I just plain need a hoody. I lose mine every year...
Patterned Tights- Yes I mean tights, that go all the way around your feet. SO much more cool (more cool... is that right?) that cutoff tights, the wannabe look for all the Valley Girl mall rats I am surrounded by...
- Flats for School- ballet flats really have moved from trend to staple. I will either get red patent leather or leopard print, but the leopard print ones from Target are a little to cheapy looking, but I don't know...
- Marc Jacobs Necklace Watch- This warrants an OMG! so here goes: OMG! these are so cute. They are just basic long chains with cool fruit pendants with clocks on them. Maybe I could tell my mom that it would help me stay organized... Goshdarnit, they are so cool!
- Sweater Dress- With the patterned tights and flats, it would be a perfect look. I just have to make sure it is fitted enough so it doesn't look like the 90's aerobic gear my mom wore when I was a baby.
- Patent Leather Headband- I already have this. No wait. My sister already has this. Same thing!
- Striped Blouse- I say this because of the striped and plaid blouses at American Eagle right now... but I tried it on and it was sort of a depressing affair because it looked horrible on... sigh...
- White Blouse- You see, at my school we can wear any top with a collar and this would be so much more... fresh than a cookie cutter Abercrombie polo you pay $40 for.
- Wrap Sweater- With this, I am thinking thin, layer-able in grey. Sort of a ballet look.
Plaid Capelet- Another thing I will steal from my sister... god, she's so lucky her birthday is at the end of August. She always goes back to school with great clothes!