Sunday, September 24, 2006

The OUT List... for now

Now that the season has almost officially changed, I have witnessed my share of faux-pas. They must be shared! Write a comment... which is the worst?
Cut off leggings- not to be snobby, but people at my school were wearing this style two years ago. I mean it.
Tucking jeans into boots- just because you paid a fortune for your vintage Frye boots does not mean you have the right to tuck your skinny jeans into them. It looks wierd. Worse: wearing capris so that it looks like you tuck your jeans into your boots. (shudder)
Kitson- I've been there. It's over-rated. It really is a study worthy of a Harvard Economy Ph.D. as to how one could sell cheap crap and make millions. And those shoes that say "Kitson Cupcake"? Believe me, no one actively participating in the Kitson scam has anything to do with cupcakes.
October 2006 In Style cover- Scarlett Johansen looks really, really wierd.
Bohemian- Boho, Boho chic, starving artist stylish... however you put it, it just looks old. Repeat after me: "If it looks sloppy, it is sloppy".
The Gap- I'm sure we're all happy that they are using Audrey Hepburn as an icon for their new collection. And I'm sure it brings to mind delicate shift dresses and elegant lady-like ness. I'm sure it doesn't bring to mind a pair of black pants, a white shirt and a grey sweater. Not to mention a black chef hat. These are all items shown in their "Audrey" ad. We don't need Audrey Hepburn to sell us basics. We just need The Gap to sell some interesting clothes.

No comments: