Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I've Got Summer Fever!

Blame those rascals in charge of chain stores, but it seems that as we emerge from the Holidays, we are being bombarded with summer fashions. It's a brisk 65 degrees where I live, but girls around the country are layering ski jackets and sinking their booted feet into inches of snow. Always impressionable, I am going to indulge my summer fantasies (not hard when you are surrounded by parabolas and Newton's Laws) and plan my summer uniform for the days so far, yet according to American Eagle, so close.

My mantra for summer fashion:
Understated prep with a hippie vibe.

First thing, a bag. It needs to be big to stash beach essentials as well as a yummy trashy novel.J. Crew Straw Bag, $55

I am not the bikini type, so I am always looking for a one piece that doesn't scream, "I'm wearing a one piece bathing suit!" This is it.J. Crew Swimsuit, $75Abercrombie and Fitch Floral Tank, $30





J. Crew Shorts, $78

No comments: